SIA “Adaptive Media” is a Latvian-based company that specializes in internet marketing. Our core competencies include content marketing, SEO, and PPC; and now we are expanding into private label products. Since our company was established 6 years ago, we have created hundreds of projects in more than 30 different countries that receive millions of visitors each year. Currently we have 2 office locations—Riga and Valmiera.
Our company was founded 6 years ago by 3 co-founders, all with an IT education and coding skills. Since the beginning, we’ve been tech-oriented and known the value that technology can offer to improve basically any aspect of business. Now we’ve grown to a 30+ person team where technology is playing an increasingly important role, and we’re searching for a CTO to add this value.
Your role in the company
So far the CTO role has been filled by one of Adaptive Media founders, but as his role is changing, we’re searching for a new CTO. You will be both coding and leading our junior developers, so you must have a remarkable experience working with WordPress and full-stack engineering. We’re looking for someone with experience and ambition to be responsible for the company’s overall technology-related strategy, development process and team management. If this sounds like something you’re interested in and you have the necessary experience, this job is right for you!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing advanced WordPress backend functionality
- Implementing and testing web-based technical solutions (such as API integration, WordPress plug-in testing, 3rd party system testing, etc.)
- Improving speed requirements and uptime monitoring for our homepages
- Monitoring system infrastructure
- Managing the IT team
- Participating in hiring new team members when necessary
- Developing and prioritizing IT-related tasks
- Collaborating with other teams
- Guiding the technical vision and execution of all software initiatives
- Establishing best development practices and standards within the company
Requirements and Qualifications
- At least 3 years experience working with WordPress engineering
- In-depth knowledge about WordPress structure and ability to bring forward innovative solutions
- Experience and ambition to develop your skills as a development team lead and being in charge of all technical aspects of the company
- Bachelor degree in IT/Computer science
- Ability to work independently and prioritize your tasks
- Continuous self-improvement via various courses, conferences, etc.
- Knowledge and experience working with SEO and/or internet marketing
- Having experience and interest in finding new unconventional approaches solutions to add value to the business
Salary and Benefits
- An office in the center of Riga or Valmiera
- Flexible work schedule and the possibility to work from home
- Full-time salary based on experience 2900-4900 EUR/gross
- Day-off on your birthday
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Free beverages at the office
- The chance to develop and implement your own ideas into actionable business opportunities
If you’re interested in this position and would like to work in a fast-growing company, please send your CV to email@example.com (putting “CTO” in the email subject line) or fill out the contact form below.
APPLY FOR VACANCY
Please fill out the required fields below to apply for this vacancy.